Skip to main content

Welcome...

To our new blog! I have great hopes that this one is going to be a little more user friendly. So for the real updates...I am 38 weeks today and we are making lots of progress on the baby front. Matt got lots of baby gear put together and he & Dakota took the stroller for a test drive around the kitchen. Slowly but surely the nursery is coming together. Hopefully by the end of the week it'll be picture ready. We have even kind of settled on a name but are going to wait until she gets here just to be sure. Sorry...no hints! I attempted to install the car seat but it was all wrong so that is next on the list. Pregnancy is still going well. I've had a few restless nights and my feet have started to swell but overall I'm doing good. As far as baby development goes it has pretty much been the same for the past couple of weeks. She is packing on the lbs - about 1/2 lb. a week and producing more surfactant - the stuff that keeps the air sacs in the lungs from sticking together once she starts breathing. The produce of the week is that she is as long as a leek. I'm pretty mad at the dr. who told me she would probably be early because we're starting to get impatient and so I'm sure she'll come late now. I think Matt is feeling more impatient than I am but that'll probably change the fatter my feet get. Yesterday some of the people Matt works with had a baby shower lunch at the Cheesecake Factory for him. It was lots of fun and we got some really cute things! Well, those are all the updates I can think of for now. Hopefully the next time I get so far behind will be because I'm having a baby!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you ready for this?

Monday was a very exciting day at our house. I celebrated turnig 29 (Yikes! I'm getting old) and we had a fetal echocardiogram to check on Baby Lilly #2. We didn't get any great shots because once again this little baby had their hand right next to their face. A very comfy position apparently. I'm happy to report that my birthday this year was a million times better than last year  and Baby Lilly's heart looks great! But that's not what you want to know now is it. Nope, you want to know what our name list looks like...So far Matt has suggested Jelaine  and Lapchild (for traveling purposes) and Adelyn has suggested Adelyn, Susie, Martha (if it's a boy), and Baby Scruffa Muffin. Still not what you're looking for? Hmm, how about that Baby Lilly #2 is a... BOY!!! And while we are so not ready for a boy and a little shocked we're really exicted too. Thanks to everyone who voted, commented or left me messages on facebook about the Chinese Calendar. Both i...

"I have ponytail!"

Yesterday Adelyn wanted me to fix her hair in a ponytail. I can assure you it's much harder than it sounds. Poor kid got my hair. But she doesn't know it and after seeing herself in the mirror she was so proud. The first thing she wanted to do was show daddy. So, we made him a video... At dinner I was lamenting about how grown up she looks and that it makes me kind of sad. Matt's sympathetic response? "Her hair really isn't long enough for a ponytail if you ask me. She looks like a boy from the front and when she turns to the side she looks like a pirate." Ahh, just what every girl wants to hear, "you look like a pirate."

The Chinese Calendar

In less than a week we will find out if Baby Lilly #2 is a boy or a girl. We are excited, anxious, nervous, and can hardly wait! As I'm sure you know, there are countless wives tales people use to predict a baby's gender. My doctor predicted a boy based on the baby's heart rate and Matt's prediciting a girl because "the Lord knows what he needs." When I was pregnant with Adelyn women would tell me I was having a boy because of the way I was "carrying" (even though we already knew she was a girl) and recently I saw a pee on the stick gender predictor kit at Target. One of the more "reliable" gender predictors someone told me about is the Chinese Calendar.  It's based on the mother's lunar age and there are two different calendars to use. So, click on these links, see what it says about your child/children, and come back to vote in my polls (in the left column) about how accurate it was for you! Make sure you vote for each child if yo...