Skip to main content

3 Months Old

We're in a bit of a crisis situation here at the Lilly Pad considering that we can not find our camera. However, our blog is in need of an update so I'm using pictures that I took with my phone on our trip to KY. They are actually a very appropriate depiction of the trip from Adelyn's perspective. But more on that later.

The exciting news at our house right now is that Adelyn is 3 months old and sleeping through the night on a regular basis. She usually sleeps anywhere from 6 - 8 hrs. at night. It is so wonderful! She is also full of smiles and funny faces. Maybe once we find our camera I'll be able to take some pictures to show you...

So our trip to KY...I think it will be best to just hit the highlights and what we'll call the "Snafus" of our trip.

~ Spending time with family & friends & introducing them to Adelyn.
~ Celebrating Christmas with Matt's family.
~ Matt got to go to a UK game.
~ Adelyn slept for 10 hrs. one night at Chris & Ashley's! (I told them we were moving in!!! Luckily for them the temperature the next morning was 1 degree & I really prefer temperatures in the double digits).

- Realizing at 11:30 pm the night before we were leaving that our winter coats were at my mom & dad's (35 minutes south of us).

- Attempting to go in 2 different directions...Matt had the car keys, I had the car.

- Catching a bread stick on fire in Chris & Ashley's oven. I kind of forgot to tell them about this. Fortunately the only thing harmed in this incident was the bread stick.

- Listening to Adelyn cry all the way from Atlanta to Orlando. It took 11 hours and 15 minutes. This includes a 1.5 hr. stop in Valdosta because we just couldn't take it anymore. A few days later getting into the backseat still made me want to cry.

We really did have a great time & enjoyed getting to see everyone but learn from our mistake & FLY! That is the only way we'll travel with a child who is unable to verbally communicate with words ever again.

Comments

Her crying face reminds me of Taylor's crying face which then made me want to cry ;).

Popular posts from this blog

Are you ready for this?

Monday was a very exciting day at our house. I celebrated turnig 29 (Yikes! I'm getting old) and we had a fetal echocardiogram to check on Baby Lilly #2. We didn't get any great shots because once again this little baby had their hand right next to their face. A very comfy position apparently. I'm happy to report that my birthday this year was a million times better than last year  and Baby Lilly's heart looks great! But that's not what you want to know now is it. Nope, you want to know what our name list looks like...So far Matt has suggested Jelaine  and Lapchild (for traveling purposes) and Adelyn has suggested Adelyn, Susie, Martha (if it's a boy), and Baby Scruffa Muffin. Still not what you're looking for? Hmm, how about that Baby Lilly #2 is a... BOY!!! And while we are so not ready for a boy and a little shocked we're really exicted too. Thanks to everyone who voted, commented or left me messages on facebook about the Chinese Calendar. Both i...

"I have ponytail!"

Yesterday Adelyn wanted me to fix her hair in a ponytail. I can assure you it's much harder than it sounds. Poor kid got my hair. But she doesn't know it and after seeing herself in the mirror she was so proud. The first thing she wanted to do was show daddy. So, we made him a video... At dinner I was lamenting about how grown up she looks and that it makes me kind of sad. Matt's sympathetic response? "Her hair really isn't long enough for a ponytail if you ask me. She looks like a boy from the front and when she turns to the side she looks like a pirate." Ahh, just what every girl wants to hear, "you look like a pirate."

The Chinese Calendar

In less than a week we will find out if Baby Lilly #2 is a boy or a girl. We are excited, anxious, nervous, and can hardly wait! As I'm sure you know, there are countless wives tales people use to predict a baby's gender. My doctor predicted a boy based on the baby's heart rate and Matt's prediciting a girl because "the Lord knows what he needs." When I was pregnant with Adelyn women would tell me I was having a boy because of the way I was "carrying" (even though we already knew she was a girl) and recently I saw a pee on the stick gender predictor kit at Target. One of the more "reliable" gender predictors someone told me about is the Chinese Calendar.  It's based on the mother's lunar age and there are two different calendars to use. So, click on these links, see what it says about your child/children, and come back to vote in my polls (in the left column) about how accurate it was for you! Make sure you vote for each child if yo...