Skip to main content

11 Months

Adelyn is 11 months old today and in the words of my
5th graders...
Tear drop. Tear drop.
Sniff. Sniff.
Time goes by too quickly but brings lots of fun changes. Adelyn just started cruising last weekend and now she practically runs around our house pushing her Radio Flyer Wagon. I'll be surprised if she walks before her 1st birthday, we still have to master standing without holding on. But she's definitely moving in the right direction. She is more of a tease than ever and very playful. Chase and peek-a-boo are her favorite games. She's pretty good at hiding her face but uncovers it before you can even get "where's Adelyn?" out. Lately she's been throwing her toys out of the pack-n-play one by one. She likes to pretend that the red box you see in the picture is her purse. All girl I tell you.

How much longer until that stinkin' timer goes off?

Oh thank goodness.
"Hey Mom!"
I'm outta here!

Later that day I went to get Adelyn up from her nap and this lovely child greeted me...

And you think you have bad hair days.


Don't you just love the distressed look she's given her crib...
Matt was sure to remind me that we still have to use this
crib for our other children.

"Yes dear, I know."

We still had to make a trip to the grocery store that day so I tried to reign in the mess with a little water and brush. But once it dried it looked like this.

So we did what any fashionable girl would do...

Accessorize!

But that only lasted for 0.01 seconds

So we gave up and went looking like this...
Inner beauty is what really matters. Right?

Comments

Lauren said…
i love post-nap hair. it's the best! i can't believe she'll be 1 next month. what a big girl:)
Jennifer said…
Too Funny! These pictures are a true reflection of a "day in the life of Adelyn Lilly" -- She's a mess! That's for sure :)
hahahaha ooo my goodness she looks like CHUCKY with that crazy hair!!! :) i miss her!!!!!!!!!
Mimi said…
Adelyn, I think instead of "bad hair days" you have "wild hair days." It's difficult to stay picture perfect when you are such a busy girl!

Popular posts from this blog

Are you ready for this?

Monday was a very exciting day at our house. I celebrated turnig 29 (Yikes! I'm getting old) and we had a fetal echocardiogram to check on Baby Lilly #2. We didn't get any great shots because once again this little baby had their hand right next to their face. A very comfy position apparently. I'm happy to report that my birthday this year was a million times better than last year  and Baby Lilly's heart looks great! But that's not what you want to know now is it. Nope, you want to know what our name list looks like...So far Matt has suggested Jelaine  and Lapchild (for traveling purposes) and Adelyn has suggested Adelyn, Susie, Martha (if it's a boy), and Baby Scruffa Muffin. Still not what you're looking for? Hmm, how about that Baby Lilly #2 is a... BOY!!! And while we are so not ready for a boy and a little shocked we're really exicted too. Thanks to everyone who voted, commented or left me messages on facebook about the Chinese Calendar. Both i...

"I have ponytail!"

Yesterday Adelyn wanted me to fix her hair in a ponytail. I can assure you it's much harder than it sounds. Poor kid got my hair. But she doesn't know it and after seeing herself in the mirror she was so proud. The first thing she wanted to do was show daddy. So, we made him a video... At dinner I was lamenting about how grown up she looks and that it makes me kind of sad. Matt's sympathetic response? "Her hair really isn't long enough for a ponytail if you ask me. She looks like a boy from the front and when she turns to the side she looks like a pirate." Ahh, just what every girl wants to hear, "you look like a pirate."

The Chinese Calendar

In less than a week we will find out if Baby Lilly #2 is a boy or a girl. We are excited, anxious, nervous, and can hardly wait! As I'm sure you know, there are countless wives tales people use to predict a baby's gender. My doctor predicted a boy based on the baby's heart rate and Matt's prediciting a girl because "the Lord knows what he needs." When I was pregnant with Adelyn women would tell me I was having a boy because of the way I was "carrying" (even though we already knew she was a girl) and recently I saw a pee on the stick gender predictor kit at Target. One of the more "reliable" gender predictors someone told me about is the Chinese Calendar.  It's based on the mother's lunar age and there are two different calendars to use. So, click on these links, see what it says about your child/children, and come back to vote in my polls (in the left column) about how accurate it was for you! Make sure you vote for each child if yo...