Skip to main content

Girly Girl

Adelyn was 15 months on the 5th so I thought it might be time for a little progress report. I'll try to keep it brief...

First of all, I think I forgot to metion that she started walking at 13 months. This means that I started running 2 months ago and am in great shape. Ha! Yeah right. More like always out of breath! Between signing and using real words, this kid is talking up a storm. Strangely enough, I still can't seem to understand her 80% of the time. The funniest thing lately is that she wants to read a bookie while she rockies and wears sockies. She also loves doggies and duckies and wants to walkies everywhere. In the past month I have notice the "girl" in her coming out more than ever... 

She is definitely the hostess with the mostess! "Tea anyone?"  



"Here, let me pour you some."



She is a very sweet and loving "mommy". Always making sure her baby drinks her milk



and eats her fruit.



Adelyn reads to her baby every day



and sets a good example by wearing a hat and never letting the baby leave without her own.


She also loves to accessorize herself (please notice she is wearing 3 bows)


and others. Poor Dexter didn't know that wearing pink socks and shoes was part of this deal.


The other night Matt answered the door wearing several pink braclets (I don't think playing jewelry was something he ever thought he'd be doing) and Adelyn was all decked out in necklaces.

At this point I'm thinking that Adelyn will never be a soccer chick. Matt, I hope you're saving for ballet and piano lessons. And prom dresses. Those things can really add up.

Comments

Mimi said…
Adelyn is the obvious selection to head up the baby division for Aunt Corrie's web site! Adelyn, I am glad to see you taking such good care of Baby and Dexter while still looking good and increasing your vocabulary.
danlar said…
Hey abbie! I just found your website. Darla had told me about it a few months ago. Adelyn is so beautiful abbie!! And so big!! Gosh, time flies doesnt it! Hope your day is wonderful! I have a blog too...its www.crownoflaurelleaves.wordpress.com.
Lauren mccrory
Lauren said…
This is so funny! We have the same tea set and Kit loves it. It just blows me away how their personalities come out so early. Kit has a couple babies, but she couldn't care less about them. She'll be a good little mama:)

Popular posts from this blog

Are you ready for this?

Monday was a very exciting day at our house. I celebrated turnig 29 (Yikes! I'm getting old) and we had a fetal echocardiogram to check on Baby Lilly #2. We didn't get any great shots because once again this little baby had their hand right next to their face. A very comfy position apparently. I'm happy to report that my birthday this year was a million times better than last year  and Baby Lilly's heart looks great! But that's not what you want to know now is it. Nope, you want to know what our name list looks like...So far Matt has suggested Jelaine  and Lapchild (for traveling purposes) and Adelyn has suggested Adelyn, Susie, Martha (if it's a boy), and Baby Scruffa Muffin. Still not what you're looking for? Hmm, how about that Baby Lilly #2 is a... BOY!!! And while we are so not ready for a boy and a little shocked we're really exicted too. Thanks to everyone who voted, commented or left me messages on facebook about the Chinese Calendar. Both i...

"I have ponytail!"

Yesterday Adelyn wanted me to fix her hair in a ponytail. I can assure you it's much harder than it sounds. Poor kid got my hair. But she doesn't know it and after seeing herself in the mirror she was so proud. The first thing she wanted to do was show daddy. So, we made him a video... At dinner I was lamenting about how grown up she looks and that it makes me kind of sad. Matt's sympathetic response? "Her hair really isn't long enough for a ponytail if you ask me. She looks like a boy from the front and when she turns to the side she looks like a pirate." Ahh, just what every girl wants to hear, "you look like a pirate."

The Chinese Calendar

In less than a week we will find out if Baby Lilly #2 is a boy or a girl. We are excited, anxious, nervous, and can hardly wait! As I'm sure you know, there are countless wives tales people use to predict a baby's gender. My doctor predicted a boy based on the baby's heart rate and Matt's prediciting a girl because "the Lord knows what he needs." When I was pregnant with Adelyn women would tell me I was having a boy because of the way I was "carrying" (even though we already knew she was a girl) and recently I saw a pee on the stick gender predictor kit at Target. One of the more "reliable" gender predictors someone told me about is the Chinese Calendar.  It's based on the mother's lunar age and there are two different calendars to use. So, click on these links, see what it says about your child/children, and come back to vote in my polls (in the left column) about how accurate it was for you! Make sure you vote for each child if yo...