Skip to main content

In Other News

Adelyn has been a busy growing girl this month! We are constantly amazed at how much she knows and how well she can communicate with us. She will say things like "medicine, toof, coming" to let me know her tooth is bothering her or "diaper, stinky, check" to stall bed time just a little bit longer. She also has an amazing memory and will talk about people or events days later.  A few other developmental milestones include saying her own name, kicking and throwing a ball, and saying "hi" to her shadow whenever it appears!

On March 23rd Adelyn became a cousin and Matt & I an aunt and uncle as Chris and Ashley welcomed Caroline Cooper into the world. This is Adelyn's favorite picture of Caroline and she asks to see it on a regular basis. It is so cute to watch her study it. After a few minutes she'll say "baby, seepy, hat, blanket" and then try to share her broccoli with Caroline. Other times she wants to give her a hug, kiss, and call "Rhine" to talk on the phone.

Now we're just waiting on the arrival of Darla and Rob's baby. She's not due until the end of April but we're hoping for an early arrival!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you ready for this?

Monday was a very exciting day at our house. I celebrated turnig 29 (Yikes! I'm getting old) and we had a fetal echocardiogram to check on Baby Lilly #2. We didn't get any great shots because once again this little baby had their hand right next to their face. A very comfy position apparently. I'm happy to report that my birthday this year was a million times better than last year  and Baby Lilly's heart looks great! But that's not what you want to know now is it. Nope, you want to know what our name list looks like...So far Matt has suggested Jelaine  and Lapchild (for traveling purposes) and Adelyn has suggested Adelyn, Susie, Martha (if it's a boy), and Baby Scruffa Muffin. Still not what you're looking for? Hmm, how about that Baby Lilly #2 is a... BOY!!! And while we are so not ready for a boy and a little shocked we're really exicted too. Thanks to everyone who voted, commented or left me messages on facebook about the Chinese Calendar. Both i...

"I have ponytail!"

Yesterday Adelyn wanted me to fix her hair in a ponytail. I can assure you it's much harder than it sounds. Poor kid got my hair. But she doesn't know it and after seeing herself in the mirror she was so proud. The first thing she wanted to do was show daddy. So, we made him a video... At dinner I was lamenting about how grown up she looks and that it makes me kind of sad. Matt's sympathetic response? "Her hair really isn't long enough for a ponytail if you ask me. She looks like a boy from the front and when she turns to the side she looks like a pirate." Ahh, just what every girl wants to hear, "you look like a pirate."

The Chinese Calendar

In less than a week we will find out if Baby Lilly #2 is a boy or a girl. We are excited, anxious, nervous, and can hardly wait! As I'm sure you know, there are countless wives tales people use to predict a baby's gender. My doctor predicted a boy based on the baby's heart rate and Matt's prediciting a girl because "the Lord knows what he needs." When I was pregnant with Adelyn women would tell me I was having a boy because of the way I was "carrying" (even though we already knew she was a girl) and recently I saw a pee on the stick gender predictor kit at Target. One of the more "reliable" gender predictors someone told me about is the Chinese Calendar.  It's based on the mother's lunar age and there are two different calendars to use. So, click on these links, see what it says about your child/children, and come back to vote in my polls (in the left column) about how accurate it was for you! Make sure you vote for each child if yo...