Skip to main content

Trains, planes, & automobiles

Adelyn is obsessed with anything that has wheels. Obsessed I tell you! The first sign she used voluntarily was "bus", every time we drive by the Fire Station she wants to see if the Fire Trucks are "awake", and tonight she gave Matt some expert driving advice when she said "slow down, cars!" But her first love is really for trains. Specifically Thomas the Tank Engine and all his friends. She has several trains and books, knows all their names and talks about them all. the. time. Lately, the question I hear 95 times a day is "where did the train tracks go?" So yesterday, we went to see a train and tracks because I just couldn't take it anymore!

Her first observations about the train:
It has wheels, letters and is yellow.

Then she noticed the steps...




"Ah, yes! This is where I belong!"

This is the reason I had to set my camera take pictures continuously...
If you say "Adelyn, look at mommy & smile." thinking you'll just take one picture, you'll get this look every time. Trust me. I know.  

I did think this one was sweet.

Adelyn declared that the bell tower was "Tidmouth Sheds" (where Thomas & friends sleep).


So we went to see if he was there.

Nope, he wasn't. But, we did get a video of what I like to call the
"I did it!" Dance...




And because I've been meaning to do a 22 month post about some of the other things I love about Adelyn but will surely forget, I'm going to throw those in too...

~ She loves to sing! Anything from Jesus loves me & Twinkle, twinkle to the songs she makes up like "Sing a song, baby sugar, sing a song."

~ When she hears other kids or babies crying she says "I cry too!" in her poutiest voice.

~ All of her "L's" come out as "y": yake, yove, yook

~ She tells me that the trains are "chugga chooching"

~ We're not really sure which colors she actually knows because she's such a tease, but she does know where all the stops signs in our neighborhood are.

~ She knows all of the numbers from 1 - 10 and loves to count. Just not necessarily in order...

~ She has some of her books memorized and likes to "read" along.

~ One day when we were talking to Aunt Darla and it was time to say good-bye, Adelyn said: "Talk to ya yater, baby!"

Comments

Anonymous said…
She's getting so big and cuter by the minute! I love what she said to Darla!
Natalie said…
How fun! It looks like you guys had a great time! She is so adorable.

Popular posts from this blog

Are you ready for this?

Monday was a very exciting day at our house. I celebrated turnig 29 (Yikes! I'm getting old) and we had a fetal echocardiogram to check on Baby Lilly #2. We didn't get any great shots because once again this little baby had their hand right next to their face. A very comfy position apparently. I'm happy to report that my birthday this year was a million times better than last year  and Baby Lilly's heart looks great! But that's not what you want to know now is it. Nope, you want to know what our name list looks like...So far Matt has suggested Jelaine  and Lapchild (for traveling purposes) and Adelyn has suggested Adelyn, Susie, Martha (if it's a boy), and Baby Scruffa Muffin. Still not what you're looking for? Hmm, how about that Baby Lilly #2 is a... BOY!!! And while we are so not ready for a boy and a little shocked we're really exicted too. Thanks to everyone who voted, commented or left me messages on facebook about the Chinese Calendar. Both i...

"I have ponytail!"

Yesterday Adelyn wanted me to fix her hair in a ponytail. I can assure you it's much harder than it sounds. Poor kid got my hair. But she doesn't know it and after seeing herself in the mirror she was so proud. The first thing she wanted to do was show daddy. So, we made him a video... At dinner I was lamenting about how grown up she looks and that it makes me kind of sad. Matt's sympathetic response? "Her hair really isn't long enough for a ponytail if you ask me. She looks like a boy from the front and when she turns to the side she looks like a pirate." Ahh, just what every girl wants to hear, "you look like a pirate."

The Chinese Calendar

In less than a week we will find out if Baby Lilly #2 is a boy or a girl. We are excited, anxious, nervous, and can hardly wait! As I'm sure you know, there are countless wives tales people use to predict a baby's gender. My doctor predicted a boy based on the baby's heart rate and Matt's prediciting a girl because "the Lord knows what he needs." When I was pregnant with Adelyn women would tell me I was having a boy because of the way I was "carrying" (even though we already knew she was a girl) and recently I saw a pee on the stick gender predictor kit at Target. One of the more "reliable" gender predictors someone told me about is the Chinese Calendar.  It's based on the mother's lunar age and there are two different calendars to use. So, click on these links, see what it says about your child/children, and come back to vote in my polls (in the left column) about how accurate it was for you! Make sure you vote for each child if yo...