Skip to main content

Let's compare...

  33 weeks with Baby #2                                33 weeks with Adelyn

The pictures don't lie people, I'm gettin pretty big!! (I really don't even know why I'm willing to post these except that I'm officially a crazy pregnant woman and have pretty much lost it). For the most part I'm still feeling good but definitely out of breath and I really don't make it through the day without Tums and a nap. We had an ultrasound on Wednesday and everything looked good. She told me the baby weighs 5 something pounds. That's bigger than average in case you're wondering. We really did not get any good pictures because he is so smooshed up in there. The one below is a 4-D and if you look really closely you can see that he is sticking his tongue out to the side of his mouth. Both Matt & his dad do this when they're concentrating on something and the fact that my child is doing it in the womb is kind of scary. The Lilly genes are strong I can tell you that much.

 
I had a dream a couple of weeks ago that the baby was born early, huge, and not cute at all. I told the nurse "you're going to have to put him back in, it's too early." I really hope my dream does not come true. I don't think they can put them back in.

Comments

HellenCrescenti said…
You are so stinkin' cute! And you are definitely carrying differently. Both equally adorable!
XO,H

Popular posts from this blog

Are you ready for this?

Monday was a very exciting day at our house. I celebrated turnig 29 (Yikes! I'm getting old) and we had a fetal echocardiogram to check on Baby Lilly #2. We didn't get any great shots because once again this little baby had their hand right next to their face. A very comfy position apparently. I'm happy to report that my birthday this year was a million times better than last year  and Baby Lilly's heart looks great! But that's not what you want to know now is it. Nope, you want to know what our name list looks like...So far Matt has suggested Jelaine  and Lapchild (for traveling purposes) and Adelyn has suggested Adelyn, Susie, Martha (if it's a boy), and Baby Scruffa Muffin. Still not what you're looking for? Hmm, how about that Baby Lilly #2 is a... BOY!!! And while we are so not ready for a boy and a little shocked we're really exicted too. Thanks to everyone who voted, commented or left me messages on facebook about the Chinese Calendar. Both i...

"I have ponytail!"

Yesterday Adelyn wanted me to fix her hair in a ponytail. I can assure you it's much harder than it sounds. Poor kid got my hair. But she doesn't know it and after seeing herself in the mirror she was so proud. The first thing she wanted to do was show daddy. So, we made him a video... At dinner I was lamenting about how grown up she looks and that it makes me kind of sad. Matt's sympathetic response? "Her hair really isn't long enough for a ponytail if you ask me. She looks like a boy from the front and when she turns to the side she looks like a pirate." Ahh, just what every girl wants to hear, "you look like a pirate."

The Chinese Calendar

In less than a week we will find out if Baby Lilly #2 is a boy or a girl. We are excited, anxious, nervous, and can hardly wait! As I'm sure you know, there are countless wives tales people use to predict a baby's gender. My doctor predicted a boy based on the baby's heart rate and Matt's prediciting a girl because "the Lord knows what he needs." When I was pregnant with Adelyn women would tell me I was having a boy because of the way I was "carrying" (even though we already knew she was a girl) and recently I saw a pee on the stick gender predictor kit at Target. One of the more "reliable" gender predictors someone told me about is the Chinese Calendar.  It's based on the mother's lunar age and there are two different calendars to use. So, click on these links, see what it says about your child/children, and come back to vote in my polls (in the left column) about how accurate it was for you! Make sure you vote for each child if yo...