Skip to main content

Preschool

Adelyn is attending preschool 2 days a week this year and we are both so excited! She started a few weeks ago and is loving every minute. She barely even says goodbye to us when we drop her off. Here are some pictures from the first day.


This is her school bag that she was given to decorate. She was the mastermind behind what you see here. I of course stayed up way too late gluing on ribbon and pom-poms as extra decoration.


She was also given a poster to tell more about herself. We included pictures, lots of stickers and answered questions like who are your friends and what do you want to be when you grow up.


Adelyn said her friends are Brody, Barrett, Presley, Gracyn & Aunt Corrie. When she grows up she'd like to be a teenager and photographer at Arnold Palmer Hospital.


Here are Adelyn & Presley. They have been friends since before birth, are 5 weeks apart, and have baby brothers who are also 5 weeks apart. I don't know if they'll always go to the same school but I hope they always get to take a "first day" picture together.


And just because I love a good comparison, here's our first day of school picture from August 2009. Adelyn was 10 months old and I taught 5th grade part time. She has certainly changed...

But then again...

maybe not.

Comments

HellenCrescenti said…
So cute! How quickly they grow! Gracyn will be happy to know she was included in her friends list ;-) She has been asking to play 'play-doh' with Adelyn ever since we came to visit!

Popular posts from this blog

Are you ready for this?

Monday was a very exciting day at our house. I celebrated turnig 29 (Yikes! I'm getting old) and we had a fetal echocardiogram to check on Baby Lilly #2. We didn't get any great shots because once again this little baby had their hand right next to their face. A very comfy position apparently. I'm happy to report that my birthday this year was a million times better than last year  and Baby Lilly's heart looks great! But that's not what you want to know now is it. Nope, you want to know what our name list looks like...So far Matt has suggested Jelaine  and Lapchild (for traveling purposes) and Adelyn has suggested Adelyn, Susie, Martha (if it's a boy), and Baby Scruffa Muffin. Still not what you're looking for? Hmm, how about that Baby Lilly #2 is a... BOY!!! And while we are so not ready for a boy and a little shocked we're really exicted too. Thanks to everyone who voted, commented or left me messages on facebook about the Chinese Calendar. Both i...

"I have ponytail!"

Yesterday Adelyn wanted me to fix her hair in a ponytail. I can assure you it's much harder than it sounds. Poor kid got my hair. But she doesn't know it and after seeing herself in the mirror she was so proud. The first thing she wanted to do was show daddy. So, we made him a video... At dinner I was lamenting about how grown up she looks and that it makes me kind of sad. Matt's sympathetic response? "Her hair really isn't long enough for a ponytail if you ask me. She looks like a boy from the front and when she turns to the side she looks like a pirate." Ahh, just what every girl wants to hear, "you look like a pirate."

The Chinese Calendar

In less than a week we will find out if Baby Lilly #2 is a boy or a girl. We are excited, anxious, nervous, and can hardly wait! As I'm sure you know, there are countless wives tales people use to predict a baby's gender. My doctor predicted a boy based on the baby's heart rate and Matt's prediciting a girl because "the Lord knows what he needs." When I was pregnant with Adelyn women would tell me I was having a boy because of the way I was "carrying" (even though we already knew she was a girl) and recently I saw a pee on the stick gender predictor kit at Target. One of the more "reliable" gender predictors someone told me about is the Chinese Calendar.  It's based on the mother's lunar age and there are two different calendars to use. So, click on these links, see what it says about your child/children, and come back to vote in my polls (in the left column) about how accurate it was for you! Make sure you vote for each child if yo...