Skip to main content

Adelyn the Brave

A few weeks ago Adelyn helped her best friend Brody celebrate his 5th Birthday. He had some exciting but scary special guests attend...

You brought a what?!?

Once she held the tarantula there was no going back!

This bearded lizard also brought his scorpion friend but we didn't get a picture of him.
Here's a baby alligator...
and Adelyn holding his older cousin. She didn't even hesitate when given the chance to hold him. (I just love the kid in the orange shirt. He's got his super hero pose down if you ask me.)


I even took a turn holding the alligator but I draw the line at this guy...

Yuck! 5 kids long and you still can't see the end of him. He was Adelyn's favorite animal. She thought he was so soft and smooth.

The guy with all the animals is a Gatorland wrangler. He did a great job and the party was so much fun. I hope Caiden doesn't get any ideas though. I'm terrified of the "little, harmless" snake that lives in our bushes. There's no way I'm letting one who could eat me and my children come over.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you ready for this?

Monday was a very exciting day at our house. I celebrated turnig 29 (Yikes! I'm getting old) and we had a fetal echocardiogram to check on Baby Lilly #2. We didn't get any great shots because once again this little baby had their hand right next to their face. A very comfy position apparently. I'm happy to report that my birthday this year was a million times better than last year  and Baby Lilly's heart looks great! But that's not what you want to know now is it. Nope, you want to know what our name list looks like...So far Matt has suggested Jelaine  and Lapchild (for traveling purposes) and Adelyn has suggested Adelyn, Susie, Martha (if it's a boy), and Baby Scruffa Muffin. Still not what you're looking for? Hmm, how about that Baby Lilly #2 is a... BOY!!! And while we are so not ready for a boy and a little shocked we're really exicted too. Thanks to everyone who voted, commented or left me messages on facebook about the Chinese Calendar. Both i...

"I have ponytail!"

Yesterday Adelyn wanted me to fix her hair in a ponytail. I can assure you it's much harder than it sounds. Poor kid got my hair. But she doesn't know it and after seeing herself in the mirror she was so proud. The first thing she wanted to do was show daddy. So, we made him a video... At dinner I was lamenting about how grown up she looks and that it makes me kind of sad. Matt's sympathetic response? "Her hair really isn't long enough for a ponytail if you ask me. She looks like a boy from the front and when she turns to the side she looks like a pirate." Ahh, just what every girl wants to hear, "you look like a pirate."

The Chinese Calendar

In less than a week we will find out if Baby Lilly #2 is a boy or a girl. We are excited, anxious, nervous, and can hardly wait! As I'm sure you know, there are countless wives tales people use to predict a baby's gender. My doctor predicted a boy based on the baby's heart rate and Matt's prediciting a girl because "the Lord knows what he needs." When I was pregnant with Adelyn women would tell me I was having a boy because of the way I was "carrying" (even though we already knew she was a girl) and recently I saw a pee on the stick gender predictor kit at Target. One of the more "reliable" gender predictors someone told me about is the Chinese Calendar.  It's based on the mother's lunar age and there are two different calendars to use. So, click on these links, see what it says about your child/children, and come back to vote in my polls (in the left column) about how accurate it was for you! Make sure you vote for each child if yo...