Skip to main content

Where to start?

I don't really need to state the obvious...it's been awhile since I've blogged. Over 2 months to be exact. It's hard to know where to even start and I feel so bad that I haven't blogged much about Caiden's first year of life. So I'm going to have to do some backtracking, but for now I'm just going to start with this month because I have to say...it's been a pretty great month!

We started it off right with a National Championship win by the Kentucky Wildcats!!

Celebrated Easter,

started swim lessons,

had a special house guest,


celebrated a milestone birthday,


and got so close to trying a first french fry!




It's been a busy month, that's for sure! Easter and swim lessons are going to get their own post but the high light of Adelyn's month was definitely dog sitting Winston for Aunt Corrie. He stayed with us for about a week and was a good little puppy dog. He did not however convince me or Matt that we'd like to have our own dog anytime soon.

This year marked the big 3-0 for me! I enjoyed lots of celebrating with family and friends. The pictures above are from a grown ups only dinner and a girl's plus Caiden birthday lunch. If you ever need someone to celebrate your birthday with you should really find some 3 year olds. They love birthdays! Even if it's not their own. They also know how to give really good presents...

Comments

Greta said…
Ha! How fun! Kids sure do love some birthday parties. Mine are already asking if they can open one of my presents ;).

Happy birthday! And Caiden is huge.
HellenCrescenti said…
The french fry picture is hilarious!!!! You have to watch out for that Camryn Reese! XO, H

Popular posts from this blog

Are you ready for this?

Monday was a very exciting day at our house. I celebrated turnig 29 (Yikes! I'm getting old) and we had a fetal echocardiogram to check on Baby Lilly #2. We didn't get any great shots because once again this little baby had their hand right next to their face. A very comfy position apparently. I'm happy to report that my birthday this year was a million times better than last year  and Baby Lilly's heart looks great! But that's not what you want to know now is it. Nope, you want to know what our name list looks like...So far Matt has suggested Jelaine  and Lapchild (for traveling purposes) and Adelyn has suggested Adelyn, Susie, Martha (if it's a boy), and Baby Scruffa Muffin. Still not what you're looking for? Hmm, how about that Baby Lilly #2 is a... BOY!!! And while we are so not ready for a boy and a little shocked we're really exicted too. Thanks to everyone who voted, commented or left me messages on facebook about the Chinese Calendar. Both i...

"I have ponytail!"

Yesterday Adelyn wanted me to fix her hair in a ponytail. I can assure you it's much harder than it sounds. Poor kid got my hair. But she doesn't know it and after seeing herself in the mirror she was so proud. The first thing she wanted to do was show daddy. So, we made him a video... At dinner I was lamenting about how grown up she looks and that it makes me kind of sad. Matt's sympathetic response? "Her hair really isn't long enough for a ponytail if you ask me. She looks like a boy from the front and when she turns to the side she looks like a pirate." Ahh, just what every girl wants to hear, "you look like a pirate."

The Chinese Calendar

In less than a week we will find out if Baby Lilly #2 is a boy or a girl. We are excited, anxious, nervous, and can hardly wait! As I'm sure you know, there are countless wives tales people use to predict a baby's gender. My doctor predicted a boy based on the baby's heart rate and Matt's prediciting a girl because "the Lord knows what he needs." When I was pregnant with Adelyn women would tell me I was having a boy because of the way I was "carrying" (even though we already knew she was a girl) and recently I saw a pee on the stick gender predictor kit at Target. One of the more "reliable" gender predictors someone told me about is the Chinese Calendar.  It's based on the mother's lunar age and there are two different calendars to use. So, click on these links, see what it says about your child/children, and come back to vote in my polls (in the left column) about how accurate it was for you! Make sure you vote for each child if yo...