Skip to main content

Try, try again...

Here I go again - another attempt to start blogging on a regular basis. I never intended to stop in the first place but life has been a little full...and I'm definitely still learning/trying to figure out this whole 2 kid thing.

We've had a really great start to the summer. At the end of April we took our first Family Stay-cation. We rented a house with a pool here in town and took a few days to get away and relax.


We even went to Disney and of course had a lot of fun!


Mimi & Grandpa came to visit in May and thanks to our very generous friends we got to go to Disney again!


Preschool wrapped up at the beginning of June which was exciting and sad all at the same time.


If you love a good flashback like I do check out our post from the first day of Preschool. Lots of changes that's for sure!


We started a Kindermusik class a couple of weeks ago and other than that we've just been busy playing.


We were all feeling a little cooped up last week thanks to Tropical Storm Debby,

but once the sun broke through we went out to survey the damage...

 

(a tree right behind our house was struck by lightning. Adelyn actually saw it happen and said it looked like fire!)


and jump in the puddles.


Now we're just searching for new ways to beat the heat!

Check back in a couple days...Buddy Boy will be 11 months old and is long over due for his very own post!

Comments

Rebecca said…
Yay! Glad to hear that I'll be seeing more of you in the blogging world:)

Popular posts from this blog

Are you ready for this?

Monday was a very exciting day at our house. I celebrated turnig 29 (Yikes! I'm getting old) and we had a fetal echocardiogram to check on Baby Lilly #2. We didn't get any great shots because once again this little baby had their hand right next to their face. A very comfy position apparently. I'm happy to report that my birthday this year was a million times better than last year  and Baby Lilly's heart looks great! But that's not what you want to know now is it. Nope, you want to know what our name list looks like...So far Matt has suggested Jelaine  and Lapchild (for traveling purposes) and Adelyn has suggested Adelyn, Susie, Martha (if it's a boy), and Baby Scruffa Muffin. Still not what you're looking for? Hmm, how about that Baby Lilly #2 is a... BOY!!! And while we are so not ready for a boy and a little shocked we're really exicted too. Thanks to everyone who voted, commented or left me messages on facebook about the Chinese Calendar. Both i...

"I have ponytail!"

Yesterday Adelyn wanted me to fix her hair in a ponytail. I can assure you it's much harder than it sounds. Poor kid got my hair. But she doesn't know it and after seeing herself in the mirror she was so proud. The first thing she wanted to do was show daddy. So, we made him a video... At dinner I was lamenting about how grown up she looks and that it makes me kind of sad. Matt's sympathetic response? "Her hair really isn't long enough for a ponytail if you ask me. She looks like a boy from the front and when she turns to the side she looks like a pirate." Ahh, just what every girl wants to hear, "you look like a pirate."

The Chinese Calendar

In less than a week we will find out if Baby Lilly #2 is a boy or a girl. We are excited, anxious, nervous, and can hardly wait! As I'm sure you know, there are countless wives tales people use to predict a baby's gender. My doctor predicted a boy based on the baby's heart rate and Matt's prediciting a girl because "the Lord knows what he needs." When I was pregnant with Adelyn women would tell me I was having a boy because of the way I was "carrying" (even though we already knew she was a girl) and recently I saw a pee on the stick gender predictor kit at Target. One of the more "reliable" gender predictors someone told me about is the Chinese Calendar.  It's based on the mother's lunar age and there are two different calendars to use. So, click on these links, see what it says about your child/children, and come back to vote in my polls (in the left column) about how accurate it was for you! Make sure you vote for each child if yo...