Wednesday, January 7, 2009

3 Months Old

We're in a bit of a crisis situation here at the Lilly Pad considering that we can not find our camera. However, our blog is in need of an update so I'm using pictures that I took with my phone on our trip to KY. They are actually a very appropriate depiction of the trip from Adelyn's perspective. But more on that later.

The exciting news at our house right now is that Adelyn is 3 months old and sleeping through the night on a regular basis. She usually sleeps anywhere from 6 - 8 hrs. at night. It is so wonderful! She is also full of smiles and funny faces. Maybe once we find our camera I'll be able to take some pictures to show you...

So our trip to KY...I think it will be best to just hit the highlights and what we'll call the "Snafus" of our trip.

~ Spending time with family & friends & introducing them to Adelyn.
~ Celebrating Christmas with Matt's family.
~ Matt got to go to a UK game.
~ Adelyn slept for 10 hrs. one night at Chris & Ashley's! (I told them we were moving in!!! Luckily for them the temperature the next morning was 1 degree & I really prefer temperatures in the double digits).

- Realizing at 11:30 pm the night before we were leaving that our winter coats were at my mom & dad's (35 minutes south of us).

- Attempting to go in 2 different directions...Matt had the car keys, I had the car.

- Catching a bread stick on fire in Chris & Ashley's oven. I kind of forgot to tell them about this. Fortunately the only thing harmed in this incident was the bread stick.

- Listening to Adelyn cry all the way from Atlanta to Orlando. It took 11 hours and 15 minutes. This includes a 1.5 hr. stop in Valdosta because we just couldn't take it anymore. A few days later getting into the backseat still made me want to cry.

We really did have a great time & enjoyed getting to see everyone but learn from our mistake & FLY! That is the only way we'll travel with a child who is unable to verbally communicate with words ever again.

1 comment:

Lavender Bubbles said...

Her crying face reminds me of Taylor's crying face which then made me want to cry ;).