Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Little Stinker Part 2

You may be looking at this picture thinking "why would Abbie put the crib in the middle of the room?" It's because my Little Stinker has gotten herself into more trouble and we're taking safety precautions. Let me start from the beginning...

About 20 minutes into Adelyn's Saturday afternoon nap the monitors started going off like an alarm. This was not a noise we'd heard before so both Matt & I went to investigate. As we slowly opened the door to Adelyn's room and peeked our heads in we saw our sweet little girl wrapped in the cord of the monitor chewing away. She had pulled the wire through her crib, knocked the monitor onto the floor and was having an afternoon snack. Of course we took it all away, repositioned the monitor and because I have not baby proofed yet, covered the electrical outlet with painter's tape.

Sunday morning when I went in to get her up I noticed that on the other side of her crib she had pulled the fabric from the table through the slats of the crib. This girl is on a mission I tell you! Although I'm not sure that either of us know what the mission is. So I fixed the table cloth, laughed at what a silly girl she is and went on with the day.

Monday was actually incident free.

Tuesday is not...She slept a little longer than usual during her morning nap and I'm not one to wake a sleeping baby so I enjoyed a few extra minutes to myself. Once I heard her moving around I went in to get her and guess what was stuck across the front of her sleep sack...blue painter's tape! This girl is good!

So thanks to the careful planning that goes into new construction homes there are electrical outlets about every 4 inches on all 4 walls meaning that the only safe place for Adelyn at this time is in the middle of the room. Electrical outlet covers will be purchased and installed today but I'm not so sure that's going to stop this kid.

No comments: