Skip to main content

T-R-O-U-B-L-E

Adelyn is 9 1/2 months and oh my...I need a nap! This girl is an endless bundle of energy. In the past couple of months she has added lots of new abilities to her bag of tricks. From clapping & waving to constant chatter she can do it all. One day we were talking and our conversation went something like this...

Adelyn: "Hiii-ya!"
Mommy: "Adelyn, are you going to be the next Karate Kid?"
Adelyn: "Yaaa"

She definitely keeps us laughing. Matt & I have certainly noticed her budding personality more and more, but it seems that others have too. The general consensus is that this girl is TROUBLE! But don't take my word for it. Here's what everyone else is saying... Gigi: "What a BUSY BEAVER you are Adelyn! I don't remember any of you girls being so busy & talkative all the time." (By busy she means intently focused on something at all times.)
Dan & Jaaron (parents of 2 1/2 year old Brody. Jaaron is always reminding us that boys use 50% more energy than girls): "She is such a WIGGLE WORM! I don't remember Brody being this much of a wiggle worm at her age."

The Pediatrician in response to my question about separation anxiety: "Well, you know, she's a bit of a STINKER. So I think she's just putting on."

Last Sunday after church our friend Brian sought me out to tell me: "That girl is TROUBLE! I was sitting in the nursery holding Jackson when Adelyn crawled over and untied both of my shoes!" So there you have it. TROUBLE! She keeps us on our toes that's for sure. And we wouldn't have it any other way. It is so cute to see her tease & play with us. She loves to chase Dakota, swim, swing, climb the stairs and open & close doors. She also loves to snuggle whenever she can hold still long enough to do it. I always cherish those moments. They don't last long.

Comments

Jennifer said…
Oh yes! This is a great description of TROUBLE! uMMM...maybe this all sounds familiar to MiMi :)
Lauren said…
i hate to be the one to tell you this, but it only gets worse! they become more mobile, more coordinated, and more curious. i say better busy than not!

Popular posts from this blog

Are you ready for this?

Monday was a very exciting day at our house. I celebrated turnig 29 (Yikes! I'm getting old) and we had a fetal echocardiogram to check on Baby Lilly #2. We didn't get any great shots because once again this little baby had their hand right next to their face. A very comfy position apparently. I'm happy to report that my birthday this year was a million times better than last year  and Baby Lilly's heart looks great! But that's not what you want to know now is it. Nope, you want to know what our name list looks like...So far Matt has suggested Jelaine  and Lapchild (for traveling purposes) and Adelyn has suggested Adelyn, Susie, Martha (if it's a boy), and Baby Scruffa Muffin. Still not what you're looking for? Hmm, how about that Baby Lilly #2 is a... BOY!!! And while we are so not ready for a boy and a little shocked we're really exicted too. Thanks to everyone who voted, commented or left me messages on facebook about the Chinese Calendar. Both i...

"I have ponytail!"

Yesterday Adelyn wanted me to fix her hair in a ponytail. I can assure you it's much harder than it sounds. Poor kid got my hair. But she doesn't know it and after seeing herself in the mirror she was so proud. The first thing she wanted to do was show daddy. So, we made him a video... At dinner I was lamenting about how grown up she looks and that it makes me kind of sad. Matt's sympathetic response? "Her hair really isn't long enough for a ponytail if you ask me. She looks like a boy from the front and when she turns to the side she looks like a pirate." Ahh, just what every girl wants to hear, "you look like a pirate."

The Chinese Calendar

In less than a week we will find out if Baby Lilly #2 is a boy or a girl. We are excited, anxious, nervous, and can hardly wait! As I'm sure you know, there are countless wives tales people use to predict a baby's gender. My doctor predicted a boy based on the baby's heart rate and Matt's prediciting a girl because "the Lord knows what he needs." When I was pregnant with Adelyn women would tell me I was having a boy because of the way I was "carrying" (even though we already knew she was a girl) and recently I saw a pee on the stick gender predictor kit at Target. One of the more "reliable" gender predictors someone told me about is the Chinese Calendar.  It's based on the mother's lunar age and there are two different calendars to use. So, click on these links, see what it says about your child/children, and come back to vote in my polls (in the left column) about how accurate it was for you! Make sure you vote for each child if yo...