Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Confessions of a Guilt Stricken Mommy...


Today, I feel like the worst mother in the world...

It all started when I realized that I did not feed Adelyn any fruit today. Well, that's not entirely true. She did mash a mandarin orange segment into tiny bits at breakfast and inhaled 12 craisins without chewing before we rushed out the door at 5pm to go buy something to cook for dinner.

Then there was the matter of lunch. I fed her chicken nuggets and french fries from Chick-fil-A while driving. "The family that eats together stays together..." Riiight.

The real kicker though was when Adelyn fell out of the shopping cart at Bed, Bath, & Beyond. I have to admit, I don't hold myself entirely responsible. After all, that european pillow sham did give her just the boost she needed to hoist her leg over the edge and make her descent to the poorly carpeted concrete floor below. However, they don't exactly hand out "Mommy of the Year" Awards to mothers of children who scream bloody murder, cry inconsolably, and have huge red welts on their heads now do they!

2 comments:

MeredithSavageSimms said...

Oh I have felt the same way with Addison. I was sitting on the couch last night thinking Addison had no fruit or vegetables today!She had eggs foer breakfast and we too fed her Chick-Fil-A for lunch. So no worries! You are not alone.:) Adelyn is so beautiful! She looks so much like both of you!

Melody said...

I love this post!