Monday, April 12, 2010

Dakota

Yesterday was my 28th birthday. I tried really hard to convince Matt that I'm only 26. Unfortunately for me, he's good at math. Anyway, this post is not about me, it's about Dakota and his incredibly poor timing. I will spare you all details and just say that we had to put him to sleep yesterday. We are so sad. Seriously, I am crying as I type this...over a cat. And we are not what I would call "crazy cat people" but he has been our little kitty for 7 years and really was a great cat in spite of his faults. You can only imagine how terrible I feel for saying all those horrible things about him only a week ago.

 Adelyn has asked about him a couple times so I told her that "Dakota went to see Jesus". Now whether or not he really did I don't know, but it sounds nice. So at lunch time she said "Dakota, Jesus, Noah, God". I really hope she's implying that Dakota went to play with Jesus, Noah, and God and not that he has now become a bible character like Jesus, Noah, and God...

3 comments:

Mimi said...

The picture of Dakota with the quilt I made reminds me that he "helped" me with fabric selections when he stayed with us. He loved to slide the fabric squares with his paws along the table top. Sounds like Adelyn in a deep thinker. Dakota, say "hi" to Ruggles for me!

Isaac&Kyle said...

Isaac said that he will give you Gracie, if that would make you feel better! Seriously, we are really sorry for your loss. I will miss having my hair batted by Dakota and seeing his backflips!

Anonymous said...

Sorry...it doesn't matter how much your pet annoys you it is really hard when they are gone...sorry.
Carrie