Thursday, May 6, 2010

Disaster Averted!

If you've read our blog before you've probably noticed that Bunny pops up every once in awhile. He is Adelyn's "lovey" if you will and goes everywhere she goes. Last night we were at church and when I picked her up from the nursery I did the usual diaper bag check to make sure that Bunny & the paci were present. I could tell Bunny wasn't in there but I could also tell that no one had opened the bag since I dropped her off so I thought he must be in the car. Much to our chagrin, Bunny was MIA in the car as well. After going back inside to check once more with the ladies in the nursery we headed home Bunny less, desperately hoping he was there. I tried to ask Adelyn what she knew about Bunny's whereabouts. This is what she had to say...

M: "Adelyn, where do you think Bunny could be?"
A: "Dirt, dirty"
M: "Bunny's in the dirt?"
A: "Yeah. Bushes."
M: "Oh no! How did Bunny get in the bushes?"
A: "Frew'im"
M: "Adelyn, why did you throw Bunny in the bushes?"
A: "Get'im"


Thankfully we found Bunny at home reading the book about the "Do" (Rooster) as soon as we walked in the door! As for the bunny that Adelyn "frew" in the bushes, I'm not sure who he belongs to. I'm just glad I'm not the one traipsing through the bushes trying to find him! 

No comments: