Tuesday, July 27, 2010

"I have ponytail!"

Yesterday Adelyn wanted me to fix her hair in a ponytail. I can assure you it's much harder than it sounds. Poor kid got my hair. But she doesn't know it and after seeing herself in the mirror she was so proud. The first thing she wanted to do was show daddy. So, we made him a video...



At dinner I was lamenting about how grown up she looks and that it makes me kind of sad. Matt's sympathetic response?

"Her hair really isn't long enough for a ponytail if you ask me. She looks like a boy from the front and when she turns to the side she looks like a pirate."

Ahh, just what every girl wants to hear, "you look like a pirate."

6 comments:

phillips phamily said...

Try two ponytails up on top!

Mimi said...

Adelyn, I love your ponytail! Daddy just doesn't understand hair. Anyway, whats wrong with the pirate look??

Rob and Darla said...

Hahaha...I don't think you look like a pirate, Adelyn!! You look soo pretty! :)

Catherine said...

Nice, Matt. Very encouraging. Can't wait to hear his feedback when she wants a training bra before it's really time... :)

Kelly Johnson said...

Awww, she looks so cute! I haven't tried that yet...will have to do that soon, but looks like it might be kinda hard--especially if she's squirmy! Hallie does have that same dress! :c)

Natalie said...

I love Adelyn's ponytail! It will be a long time before Carter's hair will fit in a ponytail.