Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Chinese Calendar

In less than a week we will find out if Baby Lilly #2 is a boy or a girl. We are excited, anxious, nervous, and can hardly wait! As I'm sure you know, there are countless wives tales people use to predict a baby's gender. My doctor predicted a boy based on the baby's heart rate and Matt's prediciting a girl because "the Lord knows what he needs." When I was pregnant with Adelyn women would tell me I was having a boy because of the way I was "carrying" (even though we already knew she was a girl) and recently I saw a pee on the stick gender predictor kit at Target. One of the more "reliable" gender predictors someone told me about is the Chinese Calendar. It's based on the mother's lunar age and there are two different calendars to use. So, click on these links, see what it says about your child/children, and come back to vote in my polls (in the left column) about how accurate it was for you! Make sure you vote for each child if you have more than one.

Baby Gender Predictor - make sure you enter the correct time zones for this one.

Chinese Lunar Calendar

And in case you're wondering, it correctly predicted that Adelyn would be a girl but I'm not telling what it says about this baby until next week. :)

6 comments:

~Corrie Jeannette~ said...

It was right for James but wrong for Liza.

Excited to hear your news next week! It's an exciting time :)

HellenCrescenti said...

It was wrong for Camryn Reese. Don't have all the 'information' needed to complete Gracyn's ;-)

Jenna said...

It was wrong for Greenlee!

Kimberly Pedrick said...

The Chinese Calendar was right for Holden, but I think it is wrong for the other, not exactly sure on the dates though.

Anonymous said...

I've been meaning to call you and offer my congrats on #2! I can't wait to hear if it's a boy or girl! I have my own theory on things and it has to do with leg hair. If it keeps growing at normal rate = boy. If it majorly slows down and your skin is very dry = girl. Again...just a theory:)

Tricia W said...

The chinese calendar was right for Kinsley - wrong for Charlotte. Can wait to hear about L2!!!