Sunday, August 1, 2010

Fresh Eggs

On Saturday we went with some friends to visit a local chicken farm and gather fresh eggs. It was quite the adventure and I think we all had more fun than we expected too.  Here we are with Farmer Dale.

This picture makes me laugh because Dale is trying to show Adelyn a baby chick but she's more interested in the cat who is very interested in eating the baby chick for a morning snack.

Here we go to the chicken coop...

You might want to hold your nose. There were 700 chickens in there!

Don't let my smile fool you. I'm on the verge of a nervous break down. All those chickens really freaked me out!

This one especially. I saw her eyeing me on more than one occasion.  

It was actually very neat to see the chickens laying their eggs, learn about chicken farming and specifically Dale's business.

These are quail eggs. They were so pretty and tiny.

In addition to the chickens we also saw bunnies, cows, turkeys and geese.

Do you see the calf in the lower right corner? She was born without any hair. Interesting tid bit - Only 1 in 7,000 calves are born with no hair.

These are the eggs that we gathered to bring home. I love how they're all different in color and size.

No comments: