Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas Cards are my Nemesis!

Disclaimer: This is post #2 of what will be 3 posts about Christmas. So hang in there with me as I try to document it all.

Now, back to the Christmas cards. I just love receiving them! It is so much fun to see who it's from and the cute pictures inside. Mailing my own Christmas cards with Adelyn's cute picture inside however, is nearly impossible. This is only my 3rd year but I'm not holding out hope that I'll get any better. Let me just give you the break down...

Year #1: I address, stamp, stuff, & seal cards in the car after midnight while driving to Kentucky. Matt drives around Atlanta looking for a mail box in which to mail them.

Year #2: I order pictures to put inside a card. The photographer I order them from forgets to actually order them. After being overnighted a lovely picture of a country western couple, the photo lab manages to re-overnight me the correct family picture and I put them in the mail on December 23rd.

Year #3: I actually receive my cards by Dec. 1st thus fooling myself into thinking "I'm really on top of things this year." I wait 21 days before addressing, stamping, stuffing, and sealing the cards in the car on the way to Kentucky and mail them from Owensboro on December 22nd. One whole day earlier than last year.

Please tell me I'm not the only one!? Anyway, if you're not on our mailing list, here's our card from this year. Pretend that you received it on Dec. 26th. That should be about right. :)

And here are a few others pictures that didn't make the cut.



This is Adelyn's "light up" face.



Remember the Skeleton Face? It's along those same lines.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I actually received it before Christmas. I thought you were right on time (and totally better than me because I only sent out one Christmas card - to my grandma!)

Kelly Johnson said...

Abbie, I have to tell you that your card was one of my favorites this year for sure! Such a great picture of you guys and pretty card. Think it was on time too...although we were out of town so I can't be 100% sure. :c)

linda said...

Abbie, Your card is charming, Adelyn is a doll. Plus you are way ahead of me ~ I gave up on cards years ago!