Skip to main content

Christmas Cards are my Nemesis!

Disclaimer: This is post #2 of what will be 3 posts about Christmas. So hang in there with me as I try to document it all.

Now, back to the Christmas cards. I just love receiving them! It is so much fun to see who it's from and the cute pictures inside. Mailing my own Christmas cards with Adelyn's cute picture inside however, is nearly impossible. This is only my 3rd year but I'm not holding out hope that I'll get any better. Let me just give you the break down...

Year #1: I address, stamp, stuff, & seal cards in the car after midnight while driving to Kentucky. Matt drives around Atlanta looking for a mail box in which to mail them.

Year #2: I order pictures to put inside a card. The photographer I order them from forgets to actually order them. After being overnighted a lovely picture of a country western couple, the photo lab manages to re-overnight me the correct family picture and I put them in the mail on December 23rd.

Year #3: I actually receive my cards by Dec. 1st thus fooling myself into thinking "I'm really on top of things this year." I wait 21 days before addressing, stamping, stuffing, and sealing the cards in the car on the way to Kentucky and mail them from Owensboro on December 22nd. One whole day earlier than last year.

Please tell me I'm not the only one!? Anyway, if you're not on our mailing list, here's our card from this year. Pretend that you received it on Dec. 26th. That should be about right. :)

And here are a few others pictures that didn't make the cut.



This is Adelyn's "light up" face.



Remember the Skeleton Face? It's along those same lines.

Comments

Rebecca said…
I actually received it before Christmas. I thought you were right on time (and totally better than me because I only sent out one Christmas card - to my grandma!)
Kelly Johnson said…
Abbie, I have to tell you that your card was one of my favorites this year for sure! Such a great picture of you guys and pretty card. Think it was on time too...although we were out of town so I can't be 100% sure. :c)
linda said…
Abbie, Your card is charming, Adelyn is a doll. Plus you are way ahead of me ~ I gave up on cards years ago!

Popular posts from this blog

Are you ready for this?

Monday was a very exciting day at our house. I celebrated turnig 29 (Yikes! I'm getting old) and we had a fetal echocardiogram to check on Baby Lilly #2. We didn't get any great shots because once again this little baby had their hand right next to their face. A very comfy position apparently. I'm happy to report that my birthday this year was a million times better than last year  and Baby Lilly's heart looks great! But that's not what you want to know now is it. Nope, you want to know what our name list looks like...So far Matt has suggested Jelaine  and Lapchild (for traveling purposes) and Adelyn has suggested Adelyn, Susie, Martha (if it's a boy), and Baby Scruffa Muffin. Still not what you're looking for? Hmm, how about that Baby Lilly #2 is a... BOY!!! And while we are so not ready for a boy and a little shocked we're really exicted too. Thanks to everyone who voted, commented or left me messages on facebook about the Chinese Calendar. Both i...

"I have ponytail!"

Yesterday Adelyn wanted me to fix her hair in a ponytail. I can assure you it's much harder than it sounds. Poor kid got my hair. But she doesn't know it and after seeing herself in the mirror she was so proud. The first thing she wanted to do was show daddy. So, we made him a video... At dinner I was lamenting about how grown up she looks and that it makes me kind of sad. Matt's sympathetic response? "Her hair really isn't long enough for a ponytail if you ask me. She looks like a boy from the front and when she turns to the side she looks like a pirate." Ahh, just what every girl wants to hear, "you look like a pirate."

The Chinese Calendar

In less than a week we will find out if Baby Lilly #2 is a boy or a girl. We are excited, anxious, nervous, and can hardly wait! As I'm sure you know, there are countless wives tales people use to predict a baby's gender. My doctor predicted a boy based on the baby's heart rate and Matt's prediciting a girl because "the Lord knows what he needs." When I was pregnant with Adelyn women would tell me I was having a boy because of the way I was "carrying" (even though we already knew she was a girl) and recently I saw a pee on the stick gender predictor kit at Target. One of the more "reliable" gender predictors someone told me about is the Chinese Calendar.  It's based on the mother's lunar age and there are two different calendars to use. So, click on these links, see what it says about your child/children, and come back to vote in my polls (in the left column) about how accurate it was for you! Make sure you vote for each child if yo...