Thursday, December 30, 2010

A Special Christmas

" But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart."
Luke 2:19

As this Christmas season comes to a close I just wanted to take a moment to remember how much I enjoyed celebrating Christmas this year. Seeing Christmas through Adelyn's eyes was like experiencing it for the first time in so many ways. She loved everything from the lights on the tree and Santa Claus to reading the story of Jesus' birth and the verses behind the doors of the Advent calender each day. Her favorite songs included Away in a Manger, Jingle Bells, and Frosty the Snowman. She also loved to sing Joy to the World and Silent Night . My favorite thing that we could not believe is that she memorized the Christmas story from her Children's Bible and could recite it on command (if she was in the mood). Hearing her say "gwory to God in da highest, and peace of earf, Jesus, God's son was born!" melted my heart every time. She was also quite impressed by the candles in my mom & dad's windows at their house. When she saw them she shouted, "wook at da candles, mom! I can't beweave it! I can't beweave it!"

Another reason this year was particularly meaningful to me is because of the Isaiah bible study I've been participating in through Bible Study Fellowship. I've learned so much about God's prophecies and promises to the Israelites and Christians this fall. The words from O Little Town of Bethlehem - "the hopes and fears of all the years are met in thee tonight" came alive for me in a way they never had before. I am so thankful for God's word and all that He's taught me through it this year.

So while this post is mostly for me to remember what a sweet and special Christmas I had, I hope that there was something special and different about Christmas for you this year too.  Lastly, I couldn't resist sharing my new favorite Christmas song that I'll probably be listening to all year long...




"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."
Isaiah 9:6

No comments: