Thursday, January 20, 2011

That's a wrap!

In case you didn't guess, I haven't exactly rushed into the New Year. But now that it's January 20th I've got face the facts. The rest of the Christmas decorations must come down! And...I've got to say goodbye to 2010. I saw several people who reviewed their year or favorite blog posts. I'm taking a little different approach. This post is going to cover the things that I meant to blog about in 2010 and never did...

Adelyn's first trip to Disney
It truly was magical! She was a little overwhelmed at first with the loud music and train that Mickey arrived on, but once we got inside she was ready to go. We rode Dumbo, Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh, the Carousel, and Nemo. We explored the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House and then there was the steam train. We rode it at least four times. My favorite experience with her was watching the Electrical Light Parade. She wanted me to explain every float to her and if I took a break she would say "splain dat to me, mommy." Matt's favorite experience was the fire works. She was a little nervous and completely in awe. She would clap after each one but then wanted to go home because they were loud. Thanks Miss Jenn for getting us in! It was such a special day!

Lucy, Annie, & Tom 
Somewhere along the way Adelyn started pretending her hand was a boat. Then she wanted her boat to have a name. Meet Lucy. Then she wanted mommy & daddy to have boats too. Meet Annie & Tom. After our trip to Disney we met Captain Hook. Thankfully we're pretty much past this phase. Except for Tom, who brings the croutons at dinner.

Potty Training  
This could certainly be more than one post. The short version is that I decided to give potty training a try at the end of Oct. The first couple days were ok, the third day a nightmare. On the 4th day Adelyn declared "no, I wear panties!" and demonstrated her ability to use the potty. Where are we today? A work in progress. She had been doing really well but we've regressed in the past couple weeks. Does this sound like your child? Please, tell me what you did!?!

Adelyn's First Big Girl Haircut
You know, an even one.

Fashion Faux Pas
This was just a silly picture I couldn't pass up. :)

Celebrity Cruise
Right before Thanksgiving Matt & I took a 3 day cruise. It was wonderful. We slept, we ate, and then we ate again. My idea of a vacation!



Alrighty, kids. That's it for us. Happy New Year!
We hope it's full of silly days!

1 comment:

Kelly Johnson said...

Abbie, we started in October too, and our experience has been similar to yours. She definitely regressed big time over Christmas break with all the traveling and everything. I am just now willing to say she is potty trained (0 accidents in two weeks)...but also know that the next trip we take or change that comes up could change things completely. Our ped. said this is totally normal...to expect it and be okay with it. So I think you and her are right on track! PS...the boat thing is just hilarious! :c)