Monday, January 30, 2012

The Pizza & Princess Party

I'm still trying to play catch up with this whole blog thing and a Pizza & Princess Party is definitely something I don't want to miss! Adelyn was beyond excited about turning 3 years old. She started talking about her "October 5th Birfday" in April after seeing the most beautiful, multi-tiered Princess Birthday cake in the Publix Bakery. I was really tempted to have a friends party for her this year but in the end my better judgement won out and we went with a small family party and served pizza with our princess cake. She had a blast and was thrilled so everyone was happy!

The Cinderella Cake that Adelyn picked out

Singing Happy Birthday





The look on her face said it all - it was everything she had imagined and more!

"Don't worry Adelyn, I'll handle all the birthday text messages!"

This was the best and closest thing we got to a family picture. Sleepy head Caiden was taking a nap and missed out on all the fun (just like mommy hoped). I'm sure things will be different next year. :)

If I could only use one word to describe Adelyn right now it would be enthusiastic. She loves her life and loves to tell anyone who will listen all about it. I continue to be amazed by how smart she is, her eye for detail and ability to communicate. She uses words like similar, reluctant, necessarily, nocturnal, disappointed and lots more I can't think of right now. She knows that both the Statue of Liberty and Eiffel Tower are landmarks and located in New York and Paris. When she grows up she wants to be a mommy and baby nurse. Possibly a decorator as well. She wants to go to California so that she can be in an earthquake and after seeing a picture of a high ropes course at Chick-fil-A thinks she'd like to do that too when she's bigger. Her favorite thing to watch right now is Cat in the Hat. She loves to do crafts and is surprisingly good at puzzles. She's certainly not perfect though. She can be pretty emotional. I'm actually really concerned that she's going to be a hoarder. She cried today over a broken brush I threw away. She also still uses a paci at nap and bedtime. I'm not sure when we'll get rid of that. I value my sleep too much right now to make anymore drastic changes.

"Happy 3rd Birthday" Adelyn!



No comments: