Thursday, February 2, 2012

Roll Over Rover

We interupt our desperate attempt to continue blogging about 2011 for this important and live update...

Caiden is 6 months old today, started rolling and even gives kisses!

I just love his little fingers here - like he's kind of saying hi but is being totally cool about it.

He rolled from his tummy to his back for the first time this past Sunday so now Adelyn & I call him a Roll Over Rover.

I LOVE these chubby legs!! Pictures don't really do them justisce.

I took Caiden for his 6 month well visit today. He weighed 16 lbs 9 oz (50th percentile for weight) and measured 28.5 inches long (off the charts for height!)

Caiden is the sweetest, happiest thing! He loves it when we talk to him and gives us big smiles. I tell Matt that he is Caiden's favorite. Whenever Matt gets home from work Caiden has so much to "talk" to him about. My guess is that it starts with "Daddy, you won't believe what these crazy girls did today!" He squeals and babbles, loves his play telephone and a bee that was originally Adelyn's. If he's upset I can sing to him and he calms down, he thinks books are for chewing - not reading and he loves to take a bath. He loves his big sister, watches her every move and lights up when he hears her voice.

Thankfully he heard my Christmas wish and has started sleeping 7-9 hours pretty consistently at night. He also just recently started going 4 hours between feedings during the day. I'm so glad! Getting an extra hour really does help. He hasn't started solid foods yet but I know he's ready because he watches everything that we eat. He's working really hard on his two bottom front teeth and hopefully they'll pop through any day now.  

I know that I'm slightly biased but since I'm his mother I think it's ok to say that...I think he's so pretty!! ;)

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh Abbie, he is so cute! I just want to squeeze his little legs ; )

Anonymous said...

I can't believe he is 6 months old. I promise we will get to Florida before he turns 1!

Catherine said...

He is BEAUTIFUL, and looks just exactly like his mama!!! I really think he looks more like you every day. :)

linda said...

Abbie, he is absolutely precious!

Kerri Sox said...

Oh Abbie, he is just gorgeous! It's so great to read about you guys! I miss you so much!! I'd love to have all of you in class and I love that you sing to him to calm him down. All my love to the Lillys! :)

Miss Kerri