Monday, November 10, 2008

One Month Update

Greetings from a hungry baby & a sleepy mommy! I can hardly believe it but Adelyn is 5 weeks old and getting so big. At our 1 month check up she weighed in at 8 lbs. 4.5 ozs. and is 21 inches long! Both Adelyn & her mommy are so proud of themselves. In the past couple weeks I've noticed so many changes in her. She has been much more alert and started "talking" to us. Every once in a while it sounds like she is saying "hi". She's also started to focus her eyes on our faces & toys. She can even follow toys as I move them by turning her head & moving her eyes. I've also noticed that she's been opening and closing her hands a lot. Other than eating & sleeping Adelyn's favorite things are to look in the mirror, stare at lights & cuddling. She really doesn't like tummy time and has gotten so mad about it a couple of times that she rolls herself over. I've also found her in her crib turned a completely different direction than the way I layed her down. So even though I'm tired, she makes me laugh and I'm having lots of fun with her. Here are some pictures from the past week...



"That's very interesting, mommy. Sleeping through
the night is something I haven't considered."



I love to swing!



Look at me holding my head up like a big girl!



Have I mentioned that Dakota thinks Adelyn
has cozy places to sleep?

No comments: