Monday, August 10, 2009

A Worthy Cause

"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

Matthew 6: 21


I was thinking about this verse a lot today and decided that it would be appropriate for me to share with you something that Matt & I have recently invested a lot of money in...


I mean, if that doesn't just move you to tears I don't know what will.


After being broken for 2 weeks and repaired 3 times, twice within a 24 hour period, our hearts have been chopped up into little tiny pieces and scattered on the ground around our air conditioning unit. Now I know that in some states people don't even have central air, but here in Florida we would all be dead without it. One afternoon we went by the house to pick up a few things and the upstairs was 94 degrees. I think it was only 92 outside. Home ownership...isn't it grand. This got me thinking about that movie with Tom Hanks, The Money Pit. So far we haven't had any bath tubs fall through the floor. But if you come over any time soon I wouldn't sit in that corner chair in the family room.

No comments: