Saturday, March 27, 2010

Overheard in my house

Disclaimer: I completely stole this idea from my friend Lauren and while I don't see it becoming a regular (until Adelyn starts making complete sentences) I thought this little conversation was kind of funny...

Background: Matt & I were discussing the birth of Caroline, the upcoming birth of Darla's baby, and his lack of need to use family names. 

M: "Does that bother you?"

A: "No, not really. Maybe if we had one I really wanted to use it would." 

M: "Yeah, I mean how do you know which one to choose? I guess we could use Jelaine." (combination of Jennifer & Elaine - our mother's)

A: "Jelaine is niiice."

M: (Yelling and throwing his hands in the air)  "What up Jelaine!"  

4 comments:

Rob and Darla said...

Hahaha..yea I totally saw that whole conversation play out..

Isaac&Kyle said...

Hilarious...I'm with Darla...could totally see Matt's face and gestures..lol!

Mimi said...

Jennifer- Good. Elaine- OK. Jelaine- I don't think so.

Chris and Corrie said...

haha i was totally going to say i saw it all perfectly but darla & issac/kyle beat me to it! lol jelaine wont be getting my love & affection. better think of something more clever if #2 wants a CAC!