Friday, August 27, 2010

Trains, planes, & automobiles

Adelyn is obsessed with anything that has wheels. Obsessed I tell you! The first sign she used voluntarily was "bus", every time we drive by the Fire Station she wants to see if the Fire Trucks are "awake", and tonight she gave Matt some expert driving advice when she said "slow down, cars!" But her first love is really for trains. Specifically Thomas the Tank Engine and all his friends. She has several trains and books, knows all their names and talks about them all. the. time. Lately, the question I hear 95 times a day is "where did the train tracks go?" So yesterday, we went to see a train and tracks because I just couldn't take it anymore!

Her first observations about the train:
It has wheels, letters and is yellow.

Then she noticed the steps...




"Ah, yes! This is where I belong!"

This is the reason I had to set my camera take pictures continuously...
If you say "Adelyn, look at mommy & smile." thinking you'll just take one picture, you'll get this look every time. Trust me. I know.  

I did think this one was sweet.

Adelyn declared that the bell tower was "Tidmouth Sheds" (where Thomas & friends sleep).


So we went to see if he was there.

Nope, he wasn't. But, we did get a video of what I like to call the
"I did it!" Dance...




And because I've been meaning to do a 22 month post about some of the other things I love about Adelyn but will surely forget, I'm going to throw those in too...

~ She loves to sing! Anything from Jesus loves me & Twinkle, twinkle to the songs she makes up like "Sing a song, baby sugar, sing a song."

~ When she hears other kids or babies crying she says "I cry too!" in her poutiest voice.

~ All of her "L's" come out as "y": yake, yove, yook

~ She tells me that the trains are "chugga chooching"

~ We're not really sure which colors she actually knows because she's such a tease, but she does know where all the stops signs in our neighborhood are.

~ She knows all of the numbers from 1 - 10 and loves to count. Just not necessarily in order...

~ She has some of her books memorized and likes to "read" along.

~ One day when we were talking to Aunt Darla and it was time to say good-bye, Adelyn said: "Talk to ya yater, baby!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's getting so big and cuter by the minute! I love what she said to Darla!

Natalie said...

How fun! It looks like you guys had a great time! She is so adorable.