Thursday, January 13, 2011

Christmas Festivities

We started off our Christmas celebration the weekend before in Kissimmee with my family.

There was a birthday cake for Jesus,

lots of presents,


and have you heard? We have two new family members. Darla and Rob adopted Louis in November and Corrie and Chris got engaged on December 14th!

We got to meet Chris's family that same weekend and even squeezed in wedding dress shopping.

On Monday night Matt, Adelyn, and I packed up and headed to KY. We stopped in Tifton, GA to spend the night and drove the rest of the way on Tuesday. Our trip up went great! There was no crying, wailing or gnashing of teeth. We didn't even have any potty accidents or traffic and Adelyn only watched about an hour of a DVD. It could not have gone better! Yay for us!

We got to have a white Christmas in Owensboro and it was so beautiful! Of course it was a first for Adelyn but also a first for me too. I'm such a FL girl.  



We also got to hang out with Caroline,

"Uncle Jackson" and lots of other family and friends.
Santa was really good to Adelyn this year. She got a dollhouse, Thomas toys (surprise, surprise) and lots of other goodies.

We actually managed to take a family picture on Christmas Eve

but these I staged 3 days ago before I started taking our Christmas tree down.


We had a really great trip and Christmas in KY. I'd be lying though if I said it was totally uneventful. I mean, this is Matt we're talking about. Are you familiar with night terrors? Try one at 3 am on Christmas morning. We broke every rule in the book and Matt was ready to take Adelyn to the ER before she calmed down.

And then there was the trip home. We decided that Matt would drive and Adelyn and I would fly. It was the trip home 2 years ago that nearly did all 3 of us in so this seemed like the best course of action. Little did we know that the beautiful snow would cause a 5+ hour delay for our flight leaving Owensboro. Adelyn and I arrived back in FL at 3:30 am and got in bed around 4:45 am. We were all pretty worn out to say the least.  

Last but not least, I had to include a picture of our Advent calender. Adelyn called it the "allender calender" but the "L's" came out as "w's". It was so cute! When we were visiting with Pop I asked her to tell him about it. She said "It's really fun! You open da door and eat chocowet." So much for the bible verse part.

Well, I think that's it for us and Christmas. I hope your's was very Merry!

1 comment:

Kelly Johnson said...

She is just so stinkin' cute. I wish so much our girls could get together..I think they would be such good friends. Congrats on the two new family members!!! I want to hear the story about Louis...he is a handsome little man for sure.