Friday, May 13, 2011

Oh, BOY!

So it's been about 4 weeks since we found out we're having a boy and I'm not gonna lie - I'm nervous! But the idea is definitely growing on me. I mean, how can you not be kind of excited about having a pair of these laying around.


I'm 24 weeks today and feeling pretty good. I still have some bad days and do not understand how it's possible for everything, even water it seems, to give a person heartburn but hey, at least I have Tums. Overall though I am enjoying this pregnancy. Strange, I know. This baby boy is much stronger and more active than I remember Adelyn being. I'm pretty sure he has ESP because every time I think about him or something related he starts kicking. Adelyn loves to feel him kick and will rest her hand on my belly and ask "is he kicking for me in dare?". We have a name picked out and a c-section date so even though I've still got 15 weeks to go, it's becoming very real. We've been working on several projects around the house and next up is Adelyn's big girl room. Once that's done I'll work on the nursery. Here's a sneak peak of what I have so far...

Adelyn is so excited about being a big sister. She notices babies, stroller's, car seats, and all things baby everywhere. She'll say things like "when da baby gets bigger..." or "I fink da baby would really wike dis!" She's moved on from naming the baby Susie to naming him Henry Wiwee (Lilly). Think of it as a double name, not that Lilly is the last name. This is not however the name we've chosen so now she's decided it could be his middle name. The other day she wanted to know where he's going to sleep so I explained that she would be getting a new big girl bed and that we'd turn her toddler bed back into a crib for the baby to sleep in. Her response: "Oh, dat is so nice of me to share my crib wif da baby!"

Oh, baby - you don't know what you've gotten yourself into!

2 comments:

Greta said...

Congratulations on the second baby and it being a boy! Boys are so fun - although I AM kinda partial :).

Chris and Corrie said...

Auntie Corrie is very excited about having a squooshy bottomed boy to hold!!!!! And Henry Lilly has my vote!