Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Girly Girl

Adelyn was 15 months on the 5th so I thought it might be time for a little progress report. I'll try to keep it brief...

First of all, I think I forgot to metion that she started walking at 13 months. This means that I started running 2 months ago and am in great shape. Ha! Yeah right. More like always out of breath! Between signing and using real words, this kid is talking up a storm. Strangely enough, I still can't seem to understand her 80% of the time. The funniest thing lately is that she wants to read a bookie while she rockies and wears sockies. She also loves doggies and duckies and wants to walkies everywhere. In the past month I have notice the "girl" in her coming out more than ever... 

She is definitely the hostess with the mostess! "Tea anyone?"  



"Here, let me pour you some."



She is a very sweet and loving "mommy". Always making sure her baby drinks her milk



and eats her fruit.



Adelyn reads to her baby every day



and sets a good example by wearing a hat and never letting the baby leave without her own.


She also loves to accessorize herself (please notice she is wearing 3 bows)


and others. Poor Dexter didn't know that wearing pink socks and shoes was part of this deal.


The other night Matt answered the door wearing several pink braclets (I don't think playing jewelry was something he ever thought he'd be doing) and Adelyn was all decked out in necklaces.

At this point I'm thinking that Adelyn will never be a soccer chick. Matt, I hope you're saving for ballet and piano lessons. And prom dresses. Those things can really add up.

3 comments:

Mimi said...

Adelyn is the obvious selection to head up the baby division for Aunt Corrie's web site! Adelyn, I am glad to see you taking such good care of Baby and Dexter while still looking good and increasing your vocabulary.

danlar said...

Hey abbie! I just found your website. Darla had told me about it a few months ago. Adelyn is so beautiful abbie!! And so big!! Gosh, time flies doesnt it! Hope your day is wonderful! I have a blog too...its www.crownoflaurelleaves.wordpress.com.
Lauren mccrory

Lauren said...

This is so funny! We have the same tea set and Kit loves it. It just blows me away how their personalities come out so early. Kit has a couple babies, but she couldn't care less about them. She'll be a good little mama:)